MADISON (WKOW) — Typical vacation weekends are filled with journey and celebrations.
As we’re getting again to a way of normalcy, chances are you’ll be wanting ahead to travelling and gathering.
UW Well being presents reminders and suggestions so everybody can have a secure and wholesome weekend.
- The most secure Memorial Day gathering is one the place all attendees are absolutely vaccinated.
- An individual is taken into account absolutely vaccinated two weeks after their last shot. The CDC’s new masking steering says solely those that are absolutely vaccinated can safely collect indoors and not using a masks.
- Kids age 2-11 ought to proceed to put on masks when in touch with unvaccinated people. This age group is just not eligible for a vaccine but.
- Masking pointers nonetheless apply in lots of locations – sure shops and eating places, counties like Dane and Milwaukee County and medical amenities.
- Massive gatherings with a mix of vaccinated, partially vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals are nonetheless not advisable. If individuals collect in such a group, it’s most secure to do outdoor whereas sustaining bodily distancing. Unvaccinated individuals are nonetheless liable to contracting COVID-19 and whereas vaccines are extremely efficient, they aren’t 100% efficient.
- Out of doors, distanced gatherings lower the probability of COVID-19 transmission.
- In case you are sick, or have COVID-19 signs, keep residence and get examined.
- Wash arms incessantly and proceed to put on a masks if you’re not but vaccinated or simply really feel extra comfy doing so.
- One of the best ways to be secure and benefit from the summer season is to ensure you, your loved ones and your mates all get vaccinated as quickly as attainable