Austin, Texas – Austin Public Well being (APH) up to date the COVID-19 Danger-Based mostly Tips right this moment, Could 4, to make clear private conduct suggestions for individuals who are absolutely vaccinated versus those that are partially or not vaccinated.
People who’re vaccinated could:
- Attend personal indoor gatherings in Phases 1-5, with precautions beneficial in Phases 3-5
- Attend personal out of doors gatherings in Phases 1-5, with precautions beneficial in Phases 4-5
- Journey in Phases 1-5, with precautions beneficial
- Dine and store in Phases 1-5, with precautions beneficial in Phases 2-5
People who’re partially or not vaccinated could:
- Attend personal indoor and out of doors gatherings in Phases 1-2, and Stage 3 if low danger, with precautions beneficial
- Journey in Phases 1-2, and Stage 3 if low danger, with precautions beneficial
- Dine and store in Phases 1-2, and Stage 3 if low danger, with precautions beneficial
No matter vaccination standing or stage, people have to proceed to observe the extra necessities of native companies, venues and colleges, because the Well being Authority Guidelines stay in place via Could 18.
“We wish folks to get vaccinated,” stated Dr. Mark Escott, Interim Austin-Travis County Well being Authority. “Now and definitely sooner or later as the vaccination charge improves, there will likely be improved freedom related to vaccination. In different phrases, the necessity to proceed masking and the opposite obligatory precautions will proceed to lower for individuals who are vaccinated.”
Moreover, the brink to enter Stage 2 has been up to date to 5-14 new hospital admissions on the 7-day transferring common. The edge to enter Stage 1 has additionally been up to date to lower than 5 new hospital admissions on the 7-day transferring common or 70%-90% herd immunity is achieved via vaccination.
Whereas APH displays the 7-day transferring common of COVID-19 new hospital admissions as the first key indicator for the Danger-Based mostly Tips, further key indicators, together with positivity charge, the doubling time of latest instances and present ICU and ventilator sufferers, are monitored to find out the present staging.
“On account of each declining size of hospital stays and declining mortality charges, we really feel comfy reassessing the transition of phases,” added Dr. Escott. “We count on that there’s going to be a protracted tail in phrases of attaining vaccine herd immunity or fully getting COVID-19 out of our group. So, we count on that we might even see a sluggish declining plateau of instances, and because the vaccination charge improves in the group, and we hit 70% to 90% vaccinated we may look at transitioning to Stage 1 safely.”
Austin-Travis County stays in Stage 3 of the Danger-Based mostly Tips, with a present 7-day transferring common of latest hospital admissions of 17.
For extra COVID-19 data and updates, go to www.AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.